rules, restrictions and permissions: how to enforce them

• i wanted to talk about how you can make sure, as a creator, that the rules you set to your creations are followed.

so let's say that you have made a map that can only be accessed by certain people, that do not neccesarily have anything to do with their stats. in stead of that, it might have something to do with their age or relation to you as creator.

for example a town only for you and your friends or a quest with a specific PG rating. in the case of the town, you could maybe select them from your friend list but who would be able to stop the others from entering if you had a partner who helped build it and he allowed him in. or for the quest, what's stopping players to lie about their age.

Mecha Tac also pitched the idea of sharing loot with only the selected people to me. but since it's somewhat related to this i wanted to add it to this thread as well.

so if you selected only a few people to share loot with, what is stopping one of those people from passing it along to the others that weren't selected.

i'm sure there are ways to do this but i'm not a programmer so i wanted to see what ideas the rest of the community would come up with.

and i just want to add that i do not intend this thread as finding a way to discriminate among players but as a thread about making sure people follow the rules of the content you created.

• Well programming wise I can say right now to be able to enter a certain dungeon a set of condition would have to be met.

So let's say age 18, friends with X user for a week at minimum and has a positive friend counter with said user. If one of those conditions isn't met it won't allow you to enter the dungeon/house/area whatever it is that you declared.

Programming that isn't exactly too hard they'd most likely reference different classes that contain the data of each condition listed (as an example ofc).

Also it's not discrimination really, your town should satisfy your needs while also catering to others' to a certain degree. Else they just shouldn't be in your town :( <-- that seems a little mean but eh

Also going wayyyyyyyy back to the loot thing once it's theirs im guessing it'll either be their property like I said or you can impose a copyright like rule. Or even a share history so you can follow up on the transactions of that item

• Thats a good point, realistically there's no actual way to counter stuff like that. The only way I can think of would be to have a certain 18+ quiz even though you could easily fail that as an 18 year old. It's a tough battle because anyone can easily type "Yeah I was born during 1990 or lower" etc

My best bet is that they'll make NSFW really hard to access in game. How? No clue but they might set up several walls in order to ward off people

• sure, i don't really want any NSFW stuff in peria either (except maybe when it's very limited and only possible in combination with a marriage system, cfr. Marriage in Peria? )

but what about something that is actually safe but you still want restrictions like that
    something like an area where you want to limit the amount of whining kids (not saying all kids are whiny but in my experience, most are online)

• I wouldn't go as far as saying it would hinder the experience of the game but it wouldn't be fun seeing **** everywhere. I know from the interview they said it would be easy to share through friends but not publicly so maybe according to your social meter itll play a role in what you can share.

Yeah, online most are whiney lol, I guess you could limit the amount of text that can be sent in a set amount of time? (Double edged sword though) Maybe even allow only certain people with a high social rating to be allowed in

• but if you limit the amount of text in a certain amount, how would you even do that without making it too unnatural.

just look at some of my bigger posts on this forum where i sent almost 2 pages of text if you'd put it in word. it took me 2 hours to type but posting it was only clicking submit and after a few seconds, there it was.

so that's a lot of text in 1 go but it's not extreme for 2hours of typing.

on the other side of the spectrum, in more of a chat-based program like discord or skype, i tend to post more as i would say it when speaking in real life. just sending a part of what i want to say when i want there to be a pause but this can turn into a sort of rapid fire sending with people who type faster than me. and if you limit the speed in wich posts can be sent one after another you're turning your chat into a succession of monologues

when it comes to social rating, i have trouble seeing that as a server wide stat because there is just too much to consider when counting and rating interactions but 1 on 1 interactions between 2 players doesn't have to be limited to ingame. 2 people could be friends in real life and talk to each other all the time but don't have very much to talk about when they're ingame together. or the use of third party software like, skype, discord, teamspeak, etc... can make it look like you're not communicating to the game while you are in fact having voice chats of several hours at a time.

i'm guessing you get the point i'm trying to make here but in the end, i'm not sure that would even work. i could whine to a good friend for no reason without spamming him or writing monologues

• Well not the amount of text that can be sent more so the speeds at which they can be sent. i.e message succession can be faster than a minute, also avoids spam. Probably a bad example on my part.

Well social rating doesn't have to be based off of chat alone, it could easily be measured in the amount of activities (dungeons for example) that you do together. And it seems peria does have a VC function as of now so thats pretty cool, it'll be a little hectic though.

Yeah I feel you though I just don't know how to put it in words well

• on the other side of the spectrum, in more of a chat-based program like discord or skype, i tend to post more as i would say it when speaking in real life. just sending a part of what i want to say when i want there to be a pause but this can turn into a sort of rapid fire sending with people who type faster than me. and if you limit the speed in wich posts can be sent one after another you're turning your chat into a succession of monologues

this is what i meant when you say

Well not the amount of text that can be sent more so the speeds at which they can be sent. i.e message succession can be faster than a minute, also avoids spam. Probably a bad example on my part.

• who would be able to stop the others from entering if you had a partner who helped build it and he allowed him in

I don't see why you can't restrict the permissions of other creators such that they cannot invite other players. I'm more than sure the permission system they setup would allow for that kind of flexibility.

in stead of that, it might have something to do with their age or relation to you as creator.

It's practically impossible to accurately judge the IRL age of people in an MMO so there really isn't too much you can do about that.

If you're going to be singling people out based on their relative relationship to the creator then wouldn't a simple whitelist to access feature be the most appropriate? 'Relationship' is too ambiguous and I doubt Peria has [programmably] accessible logs as to how long you've been friends with someone or how many dungeons runs you've been with them so far, etc.

• it doesn't have to be ingame though

if i had a friend irl that plays the same game but we hardly ever meet ingame because of job hours or so, we'd have a low relationship status according to the logs while that's not true.

but really the main reason i started this thread was because i'm not a programmer, so i don't know a lot about how more complicated stuff like this works, but i still want to prevent my content from being abused by others.

• I think in this case there should be combination of different rules. "Whitelist" is primary thing (everybody knows about whitelisted minecraft servers). But there also can be quiz with help of which creator can add players to whitelist automatically.

• Interviews have questions about related issues.

1.Banned it from the program level.

The specified behavior can't do or will not take effect.

2.Can do but will be punished.

What you do will produce the effect, but the rules will punish you.

In tutorial video, an item can get unit's propertys.

Of course, you can also get the age of the specified character.

As for the real age of the player (NX account mandatory real name authentication), I do not know that they will not provide this data in the game.