Life skills

• Hey everybody! I was curious on what everyone thinks on life skills and what they would be like for Peria.

So far I been comparing parts of Peria to another Nexon game, Mabinogi.

Mabinogi has life skills such as tailoring, cooking, blacksmithing, etc.

So what life skills do you think Peria will have?

Also do you think any of them would actually be significant?

• as far as i know, no life skills have been oficially confirmed.

but going from the genre of the game, i'd say that life skill are probably a good bet and most likely will have a significant role in peria chronicles. especially since the game is heavilly player created content oriented.

if we're lucky, we might get more confirmed info at the next GSTAR in november though. with the emphasis on lucky :) and if we get a miracle, they might also confirm life skills.

• I guess I did just assume there would be life skills, but mostly because of what you said, Player created content is heavily the focus of the game.

I just really want to do tailoring! I enjoy the life skills of games more than combat usually.

(I'm also looking forward to the G-Star this year)

• similar to you Clain, i know a lot about Mabinogi too, so i'm hoping for things like life skills or something similar in peria~

i saw in one of the official videos that you could Assemble a cake, so you can probably decorate them and make other different dishes, as well. i'm a fan of Cooking from Mabinogi, and cooking skills in general, so i hope that we get something akin to that in peria, even if only just unofficial assembly of food.

• wuooooahhhhh, self-created skills? i hadn't even thought about that... that'd be awesome!! if possible, i want to make one where you juggle things! bouquets, permissions, chairs, everything!--

that'd be amazing... ヽ( •̀ ω •́ )ゝ✧ヽ( •̀ ω •́ )ゝ✧ Cirque de Peria!! asides from that tho, i wonder if there'll be any built-in minigames to things like cooking, or is it all just 'reforming'?

i want to open a bakery/restaurant full of yummy-looking dishes! \o/

• Building and opening our own stores that we can either run or have an npc run would be really cool

I think I saw something on that though. I think we can make our own stores and we'll have to hire an npc to run it. However, I think what I watched showed that you have to pick between npcs to hire, as they each give different bonuses toward the shop.

• For sure cooking, crafting, healing. Now from those if they were to get specific stuff like; camp building, starting fires, making certain levels of meat etc. Those are already pretty significant, especially crafting.

This is purely a hypothesis but, seeing as you can import scripts for npcs and for certain items would that not also pair up nicely with making custom animations? As in you could make a dance emote or somehow add in new skills based on previous skills, so kind of like building a pyramid or house (Bottom up). If that's the case then it should be possible.

As for Kirana we can fuse them but it'll probably restricted like in the persona games where only 2-6 combinations can give one outcome. Else the fusion list would literally be infinite.

I think I saw something on that though. I think we can make our own stores and we'll have to hire an npc to run it. However, I think what I watched showed that you have to pick between npcs to hire, as they each give different bonuses toward the shop.

That is correct, every NPC has their own unique benefit. So no NPC is really better than the other in a sense, really comes down to preference I guess. Also that video is outdated so the information may no longer be relevant, but from what I know they only ADDED onto the game and not erased certain things

• i played mabi too long life skills I hope i don't get fat with cooking lol but i haven't seen a game wher eyou get fat other then mabi so i think im probably safe to eat in most games lol

But yeah I I hope they have tailoring and i hope tailoring and blacksmiths is actually useful since well okay well the game i come from armor not really a thing but other games normally life skills are you useless because you find better things int he world that are way way better then you can make i hope you can trade and make things for people other then just being selfish and making things your self like solo crafter that goes hay look what i can make

oh oh can you make me something

umm sorry person the game don't allow me to give you this its only me me and me discard when don't need lol

• I also hope Life Skills aren't useless. It'd be cool if Life skills were similar to Log Horizon's subclasses, only certain items can be crafted if a player has high/max lvl in a skill and cannot be attained anywhere else.

I always liked the skills in RuneScape. I absolutely loved mining

• I also hope Life Skills aren't useless. It'd be cool if Life skills were similar to Log Horizon's subclasses, only certain items can be crafted if a player has high/max lvl in a skill and cannot be attained anywhere else.

I always liked the skills in RuneScape. I absolutely loved mining

i'm not sure if it would be better or worse but what about having those subclasses/jobs/whatever you want to call them be a requirement to even use some items
    for better or worse, it would make gameplay more interesting for sure

• I'm going to speculate a bit and bring this up, because I think this is still a possibility: If life skills are a thing but there are no NPCs to teach players, then no one was been doing that life skill before the player except possibly other players. Possibly then, the players who are the first to mine or fish a specific material get to name that fish, tree, metal, alloy, animal, et cetera.

Another possibility is that there is no proper naming system and players who name things are only spread by word of mouth, meaning if two players who lived far away from each other were to fish the same fish, neither would know what the other would name the fish until they met. It's like real-world languages, if you know what I mean.

• I'm going to speculate a bit and bring this up, because I think this is still a possibility: If life skills are a thing but there are no NPCs to teach players, then no one was been doing that life skill before the player except possibly other players. Possibly then, the players who are the first to mine or fish a specific material get to name that fish, tree, metal, alloy, animal, et cetera.

Another possibility is that there is no proper naming system and players who name things are only spread by word of mouth, meaning if two players who lived far away from each other were to fish the same fish, neither would know what the other would name the fish until they met. It's like real-world languages, if you know what I mean.

That's an interesting idea. It reminds me of No Man's Sky in that sense. I think however, that may be a bit much for the devs to handle lol, especially if they want to limit the nsfw stuff within the game. Also, only the hardcore players would get to name stuff, since casual players wouldn't be on enough to name the first of anything lol.

• That's an interesting idea. It reminds me of No Man's Sky in that sense. I think however, that may be a bit much for the devs to handle lol, especially if they want to limit the nsfw stuff within the game. Also, only the hardcore players would get to name stuff, since casual players wouldn't be on enough to name the first of anything lol.

In that sense though, I think it's fair that only hardcore players get to name things (except on the off chance that some lucky casual player discovers something) since they're the ones putting in lots of effort; They somewhat deserve it as a privilege.

When it comes to making restrictions, it's more of everyone having their own lexicon. If the first time you interact with an item is through another player, than the name is transferred from giver to receiver. If two players each already have a name for it, than both players have the choice to rename the item to the other's for the sake of unanimity. If neither player chooses to change an item's name, then nothing changes for either. If both players change, then they decide on one to keep and one to drop. It essentially turns into a "Survival of the Fittest" for names, being the better (and more appropriate name) lives longer and spreads to more people. A real life context of this is how babies start naming object random things like "Ba-bu" or "O-ko" Until they learn that a Ba-bu is a cup and an O-ko is a spoon. This also leaves room for the changing of names on a mass scale, such as how "squid" can become "calamari".

• as much as i would love to see real language differences in peria like irl, i think it would be too confusing for players who don't want to spend hours researching before they can actually play a game.

it would be interesting too see the dynamics of language barriers ingame but the game would be too complicated for 90% of the playerbase.
    just think of it as a world where almost everything is already discovered and named before the player characters start appearing in the game world

• lol I hope you can't get fat from eating, I'd be "eating" endlessly just to interact and watch NPCs feed my character!

In the interview they used the example of armour being a stepping stone to end game content, and obviously they pointed out that since that's the case all armour from 1-50 for example become useless once you get the better stuff basically nullifying their use. In peria they're striving to make all Kirana useful (They didn't talk about armour directly so for now I'll assume they also meant armour). If that's the case and blacksmith is possible then they should restrict high level crafting to people who have "mastered" x life skill.

Trading is already a thing, in the interview they spoke of people sharing their resources. There's technically no other way other than maybe sending it to a storage but I can't imagine they'd only have that function. I wonder if you'll be able to trade stuff through to your accounts/characters.

I'm going to speculate a bit and bring this up, because I think this is still a possibility: If life skills are a thing but there are no NPCs to teach players, then no one was been doing that life skill before the player except possibly other players. Possibly then, the players who are the first to mine or fish a specific material get to name that fish, tree, metal, alloy, animal, et cetera.

I don't know if life skills are exclusive to a skill tree for example but I do know you can go to certain NPCs to learn programming for example. Or they'll give you snippets of code.