Peria's combat and what it could be

• Hey, so I know this might be an old topic (I'm not sure if there's already a thread for it), but I'd like to converse about Peria's last known combat system.

As we know it appears to be a summon type combat system where you summon kirana to fight for you. I'm wondering if maybe it would be possible to do a "no- summon" type playstyle. The idea of summoning kirana to fight for me just seemed sorta weak to me, and I'd much rather fight for myself. I saw that you can, but you deal like no damage and there's no actual targeting system for the player (as shown when the sword combo continues without making contact to an enemy). Is there any news on this, can I be the primary fighter while I use the kirana as equipment or for buffs?

Also what sort of ideas for combat would you guys like to see in the final game?

• No summon style is 100% possible and very doable I imagine, if you have the right gear. It's not the most efficient combat style though as you'll be taking aggro from multiple enemies at once, which like I said before, is very doable you'll just need good gear or stats(If there are any).

I feel like they didn't showcase the combat well enough, in reality you can fight alongside your Kirana, which is almost x2 damage? that cuts down on time spent in dungeons and in combat in general.

Note: The Kirana shown in the tutorial and videos are MAX LEVEL, the player itself is level 1 so it only makes sense that you do little to no damage

Idk if Kirana can buff, but I wouldn't rule it out especially since i've seen some heal, others teleport and so on.

• If its like that, does that mean that when a Kirana kills the monsters do i get exp? Or maybe the kirana has a separate exp leveling? do we share exp? i also would like to do solo style from time to time or fight together with my kirana in equal footing, i wonder if i can?:/

Ofc i'm not a kirana so that means my strength won't be the same...

Practice makes perfection. i will train myself and my character :)

• If its like that, does that mean that when a Kirana kills the monsters do i get exp? Or maybe the kirana has a separate exp leveling? do we share exp? i also would like to do solo style from time to time or fight together with my kirana in equal footing, i wonder if i can?:/

Ofc i'm not a kirana so that means my strength won't be the same...

Practice makes perfection. i will train myself and my character :)

I think EXP will be shared, but depending on who kills the enemy more EXP will be rewarded, kind of like in pokemon a pokemon can have an EXP share on it and still earn EXP but it won't earn nearly as much as the finisher does. Kirana and the user have different levels and EXP bars.

Solo is probably possible from early-mid levels but then you'll be taking multiple hits from strong enemies so idk how that'll go, as for fighting on equal footing you can fight alongside your Kirana (If that's what you mean)

• I'm adamant about making a no-summon playstyle because of something I want to do. First off, I do prefer to have fast paced fighting done by myself, however it doesn't appear that will possible in Peria (For now). Second, I want to make a colosseum like the one from dot hack. That would require fast-paced combat where you can target your opponent(s), and a system to "rengeki" and unleash "Awakenings". I'm thinking i can code some things, but if the fundamentals of the game won't allow certain things to work, then it's just not gonna feel right.

P.s.: Dont take my idea. I really wanna do this first(-ish, Korea gets first grabs :( ). I swear if i find out anyone here took my idea, I'll come and pk you to the dust XD

• I'm adamant about making a no-summon playstyle because of something I want to do. First off, I do prefer to have fast paced fighting done by myself, however it doesn't appear that will possible in Peria (For now). Second, I want to make a colosseum like the one from dot hack. That would require fast-paced combat where you can target your opponent(s), and a system to "rengeki" and unleash "Awakenings". I'm thinking i can code some things, but if the fundamentals of the game won't allow certain things to work, then it's just not gonna feel right.

P.s.: Dont take my idea. I really wanna do this first(-ish, Korea gets first grabs :( ). I swear if i find out anyone here took my idea, I'll come and pk you to the dust XD

I think what the devs are after is a non-button-mashy, non-skill-spammy combat gameplay.

If you're going for a no-summon playstyle then you should consider that you have to resummon/unsheath your sword after every few hits (as seen from the video) which firstly looks considerably annoying but would also be extremely limiting if that's your only mode of attack.

Even if the combat system doesn't suit you there is the building aspect of the game so perhaps you could join a guild and find a design/building niche and let the rest of the guild do the raw material farming.

• I think what the devs are after is a non-button-mashy, non-skill-spammy combat gameplay.

If you're going for a no-summon playstyle then you should consider that you have to resummon/unsheath your sword after every few hits (as seen from the video) which firstly looks considerably annoying but would also be extremely limiting if that's your only mode of attack.

Even if the combat system doesn't suit you there is the building aspect of the game so perhaps you could join a guild and find a design/building niche and let the rest of the guild do the raw material farming.

Yeah, but it's because of that that I want to find out if I can make a more fast-paced combat system.

I saw that, but hopefully I'll be able to at least code rules for the colosseum to where it won't be as slow or other things.

I was planning on making my own guild (as long as it's free). I was planning on it being a well rounded guild, so there'll be building and adventure stuff lol.

Sounds like a cool idea, would it be PVP(Player vs Player) or vs Ais(Artificial intelligence)?

We'll just have to wait until G-star to see what they have :/ no summon sounds cool though, is what you want to do point 1 and 2? If you can find a way to kind of leech onto the targeting system they have it should be easy to have a PVP style colosseum

I think what the devs are after is a non-button-mashy, non-skill-spammy combat gameplay.

I think by default it'll be a bit button mashy, since you'll be summoning Kirana (if you choose to) and your main weapon a lot.

As for the sword it seems like it times out after non-use. Which is pretty annoying but I think there'll be an option to keep it out, i'm certain they realized this by now (or will hopefully). And like i've said before what we've seen is but a makeshift alpha version of it so hopefully coming this November we see MAJOR improvements in terms of gameplay: Optimization , combat, content Building, character customization etc

Maybe you can increase your attack speed, or dodge stuff dramatically idk. Personally i'd like to see mechanics such as counters.

Why don't you guys just make 1 big guild? (or if you don't want to run one yourself you can always join mine on release)

• It's not overly button mashy given you'll have to check which cards you've got in hand before playing them making it a whole lot less spammy. Also (and don't quote me on this since idk where I got it from) there is a card limit per dungeon so use your cards wisely.

Whatever it is they decide to do with the combat I just hope they make it intuitive.

• It's not overly button mashy given you'll have to check which cards you've got in hand before playing them making it a whole lot less spammy. Also (and don't quote me on this since idk where I got it from) there is a card limit per dungeon so use your cards wisely.

Whatever it is they decide to do with the combat I just hope they make it intuitive.

Ive personally never heard the card limit info myself but that would be good in terms of strategy. It'll push players to choose whether to summon here or fight solo for certain areas, therefore encouraging an all around play style or one sided if you really wanted

It looks alright now but it is boring from what they've shown

• Id totally play that, i'll even help you code it once we see the limits of the engine! I'm thinking since we can make custom animations and summoning is already a thing the 2 should be easy to combine.

Also fast paced is always good, keeps me awake and lively instead of just sluggish and brainless grinding