Who can program?

• Hey everyone!

So I was just doing a little cleaning and found one my old computer programming books, which made me think about how I was lucky to have some knowledge for when Peria is released.

Which made me curious though, how many of us know how to program?

Python seems to be the method of programming that Peria will use, but my question is how many people know any type of programming or methods of programming (Not sure what to call it, I never had any good programming lingo >.<)

Also! I don't mean you have to be a professional or have years experience at all, just who has knowledge on it.

I think it be interesting for a new thread to open later on for teaching others to do programming so we can enjoy Peria fully, not having to learn while playing and missing out.

• i know a little bit of pyton but not nearly enough to make something complex, just the basic stuff
    but there's also supposed to be a way to create stuff without too much programming, as well as trailers that have shown books with code written in them (though i'm not sure if it was pre-written or done by the player in those videos)

• Programming can be easy and fun, also hard... It's usually like a puzzle.

I wonder if perhaps we could sell/buy codes from people?

Such as codes to make certain games, people could then sell them, maybe have customization options. It would make it super easy then, but I'm sure a lot of us want to make something original.

• Programming can be easy and fun, also hard... It's usually like a puzzle.

I wonder if perhaps we could sell/buy codes from people?

Such as codes to make certain games, people could then sell them, maybe have customization options. It would make it super easy then, but I'm sure a lot of us want to make something original.

They've already confirmed that from not only this Gstar but the previous ones too. I can program too

• I'm a computer science major so i often learn stuff, get stressed the heck out during finals, and forget everything over break. For our final project we made our own language using JS as a host language. It was cool~~~

but im still terrible at coding so shrug lol

• The "Project NT" was started in mid-2010 year.

So, the version of Python in peria maybe 3.X.

Because of the game restrictions, you can not import third-party libraries.

So only need to have programming thinking and familiar with the syntax of Python these two conditions.

• I've got HTML, CSS, Java, and JS under my belt... and the tiniest bit of Python. microscopic. (´;;ω;;`) that being said, I do hope they implement JS/Java as I've heard somewhere (?) rather than just Python, so I'll feel less useless.. It's been confirmed that there's already some pre-written code for certain items/objects and that you can use copies of those to amalgamate your own thing, but you can also program it all yourself.

I might crack open a programming book for Python, myself... (´・ω・`)

• I've got HTML, CSS, Java, and JS under my belt... and the tiniest bit of Python. microscopic. (´;;ω;;`) that being said, I do hope they implement JS/Java as I've heard somewhere (?) rather than just Python, so I'll feel less useless.. It's been confirmed that there's already some pre-written code for certain items/objects and that you can use copies of those to amalgamate your own thing, but you can also program it all yourself.

I might crack open a programming book for Python, myself... (´・ω・`)

But I didn't find any evidence from any official information that they used programming languages other than Python

• Absolutely do not know any programming it feels bad :(

Always time to learn! and it really is easy, u'll get the hang of it.

But I didn't find any evidence from any official information that they used programming languages other than Python

there was LUA and some other script used back then too. I can find the video pertaining to that information if you'd like.

I suspect they'll add other languages as the game develops.

• Always time to learn! and it really is easy, u'll get the hang of it.

there was LUA and some other script used back then too. I can find the video pertaining to that information if you'd like.

Oh! I found some new things.

ThingSoft is hiring now

https://career.nexon.com/user/…joinCorp=NX&reNo=20170142

And you can find:

"python, javascript, LUA 등 스크립트 언어 활용이 가능하신 분 "

They need these language user.

So...

• oh.... Sounds like a good opportunity to leak Perias development

• Always time to learn! and it really is easy, u'll get the hang of it.

I think you're referring to this.

Anyway I opened up a thread awhile back regarding this issue but it didn't really lead to anything.

I guess the link Flithor posted is the only real evidence we have but it doesn't really specify it as an in-game feature just that they prefer 'planners' who can understand those languages.

Gameplay videos have only showcased Python so far.

• Yes that's the video in question! Ah I never saw that thread sorry, at some time before that post I had stopped checking this site :(