Details in Peria Chronicles

• Hey everyone!

This thread is almost a lot of topics, but centered mostly on the idea of the small details in Peria.

Haven't we been focusing on a lot of big things? Such as customization, game play, guilds, homes, Kirana, etc.

However.. what about the other small things that also make games great? Some of those small things all together can be a deal breaker for if you'd play the game or not.

Small details could be things such as, having animations for eating or not.

Voice acting for every character, or only some have voices.

How chat works; Will everyone's chat color be the same? Will we have emotes in the chat? If so are they fully drawn and animated emotes like Blade and Soul has? (I think Blade and Soul has those)

Also anything else people can think of.

But I'd like to know what everyone else is curious about that doesn't fully fit in other threads since it isn't a big topic, just one of those small things to do with Peria Chronicles.

• The animations in general are what i'm looking to most! Food animation: https://youtu.be/x61OIj_H9Pc?t=25 This is the G Star 2014 version so I can only imagine how much better it'll look in the new improved graphics

Hopefully we can choose many voices or have the korean voices but english text, we'll have to make our own UI so I think at some point they may let us change chat color? I know some old games did, haven't seen newer ones allow us though.

Apparently Peria chat also has a built in Voice chat function

Some small details I would like to see: Clothes customization (How in depth and unique can we make them), what is the best way to level? For example; Can you earn experience from farming and catching Kirana alone? Will access to certain areas be locked by level? These are just a few...

• As said already animations :love:

AHHHHHH how i love the slightest touches from sitting to eating or opening and closes boxes and doors.

I'm really looking forward to how they plan on doing these small things.

Some small details I would like to see: Clothes customization (How in depth and unique can we make them), what is the best way to level? For example; Can you earn experience from farming and catching Kirana alone? Will access to certain areas be locked by level? These are just a few...

Clothing customization would be a blessing especially if they implement armor glamores such as in FF14 where you allowed to change the look of any armor to anything that you would like.

Also I would like to see if they end up adding the ability to dye clothing. which would add that much more to character customization. (gotta make your character stand out some how haha^^)

• I think we may be seeing dyes! Or at least the ability to change the color of clothes on the fly. That would really be great, I really like the fact that we can even code the way doors open and close but personally I want more clothing options, I wanna look unique

• I'm definitely looking forward to well designed animations. I'm hoping maybe we can design new ones through coding or something too lol.

As for clothing customization, I pray that they let us make our clothes out of pieces of pre-existing models. If you could mix and match different pieces of gear to get a truly customized look, that would be the "bread & butter" for me lol. Dyeing clothes is a must, i just don't see it any other way lol. For me, my biggest wish has gotta be the customization of clothing models. Imagine if you could rescale, warp, or add/ remove pieces to the clothing models. The resources would be in the game still, but it'd be customized to the player's liking. A guy can dream :D:D

• On the topic of voice acting, I think it'd be nice if any dialogue not by the player (namely Kirana) was limited to single words and lines. It sounds pretty underwhelming, but with that done, players could record their own voice lines for key words, such as any greeting or apology, so that, when players have a conversation, it's as if they were physically talking, rather than only having text boxes. This is entirely optional, by the way. A player can always not record their own voice lines and not have them play when speaking.

Going on with that, there would have to be a button to manually disable or change a said voice line for a specific text box, such as if someone wants to talk about greetings over and over, he/she wouldn't say "Hello!" over and over. Automatically, the first key word that players say would be the one with a voice played.

Into specifics, there would be a general menu, such as, for example, greetings. In the options, gameplay, voice lines menu, there would be a box labeled "greetings", and clicking it would open another box of the specifics, such as "Hi", "Hello", "Salutations", and so on. At the very top is a switch that is checked on top saying "Specifics". If checked, the player can set specific voice lines to specific greetings. If unchecked, players could set multiple voice lines and a random voice line would play whenever a trigger word was said.

Outside of the general voice lines, players could add customs. Say for example, someone was a lumberjack. He/she could set a voice line for whenever "Wood" was said.

Another feature would be to set multiple voice lines to a word. Similar to how I mentioned a pool of greetings to a pool of voice lines, except this time it's only one greeting, specific word, or specific phrase with multiple voice lines attached. This is mainly for grunts and such, since "...", "..?", "??", "???", "hm..", "huh", "okay",and other simple lines would come up quite a lot.

• I'm definitely looking forward to well designed animations. I'm hoping maybe we can design new ones through coding or something too lol.

As for clothing customization, I pray that they let us make our clothes out of pieces of pre-existing models. If you could mix and match different pieces of gear to get a truly customized look, that would be the "bread & butter" for me lol. Dyeing clothes is a must, i just don't see it any other way lol. For me, my biggest wish has gotta be the customization of clothing models. Imagine if you could rescale, warp, or add/ remove pieces to the clothing models. The resources would be in the game still, but it'd be customized to the player's liking. A guy can dream :D:D

Custom animations can be made and I doubt they've gotten so creative but hey like you said a man can dream! If they have enough influence from the players im sure they'll think something up

So in a sense like a VN or animated novel? That'd be hard to filter for nsfw content and personally thats a lot of work haha, I don't think Kirana talk much anyways?

• I really look forward to animations too! I want those custom cut scenes already~

Also customizing clothing would be awesome, I'm sure dye's will be available.

However, I wonder if perhaps we can buy "blank" clothing. Clothes that are pure white that can be paired up with different accessories, then we can color it ourselves and design it.

Either buying different parts and putting it together then dyeing, or maybe doing unique patterns via having a template for that certain clothing part then coloring and designing on it on a program such as photoshop. I know that Maplestory 2 has that.

I also hope we get awesome voices to use. I really hope we get voice options for our characters >w<

• Custom cut scenes :o, if they happen to have those that could increase gameplay a lot! I hope we can pair up with different things like you said, it would open up an entirely new set of clothes and allow for specific people to make a brand of clothing of their own. For example: "Mecha's Fashion booth" or something better lol. All in all i'm hoping the clothing customization is extensive enough just as character customization is.

What mmo doesn't have voice options these days? It would be nice to be able to change the pitch too for low deep voices or high pitched.

Random thought that came to me, but do you thin customization on Kirana is possible? Least changing outfits or something.

Idk if Kirana "wear" outfits, but I think we'll be able to toss some armour on them? or at least some form of accessory, other than of course a satchel to ride them. Maybe we'll be able to alter their colors? Though the only possible problem I see with that is it'll be hard to identify what Kirana it is sometimes. Each Kirana is unique in form, so nvm

• I always appreciate a good emoticon set. Tree of Savior has these nice popolion ones and they can be extracted to be used in discord too.

0c2jbpf.pngWxQq9Zt.png Iu7cVGW.png

Peria needs a good mascot for their emoticons and for what the game will be recognized by. MapleStory has the Orange Mushroom, Tree of Savior has the Popolion, Ragnarok Online has the Poring, etc.

The soundtrack is the most memorable thing for me in games so I hope the Peria BGM is good.

I love the inside jokes from the community. Witty comments about a certain part of the game that only active or veteran players would get. And would be cool if some of these eventually reach the developer's attention and get put inside the game.

• Those emotes look great, i'd be ok with basic emotes as long as the animations can make up for it ex: Waving hello.

I usually remember a game by gameplay first if not Soundtrack is always second, unless it's a really really good OST then its top. If you've ever played a big mmo sometimes the developers will even join in on the jokes themselves and make events out of it.

• Woah, that sounds awesome! I didn't even think about voice acting... That'd be great! Customization to even that point sounds super interesting~ Everybody's so creative, I'm mega-looking forward to what everyone comes up with in the actual game, too!

As for dying clothes, I hope that's possible, too. It seems really likely that it'll be implemented in some way or the other since clothing (plus mix and matching of pieces of it) was color select-able during the preview videos of character customization. I'm still really excited about the entire aesthetic of not just Peria as a whole, but the clothing designs, too!! ヽ( •̀ ω •́ )ゝ✧

• I am now curious about the mascot, most likely some type of Kirana. It'll probably be a very cute one or funny one. Or even perhaps each emote is represented by a certain Kirana. One main mascot would be awesome though >_<.

Also does anyone think they'll do contests for designing Kirana/outfits.
    I hope so, that be awesome

• I am now curious about the mascot, most likely some type of Kirana. It'll probably be a very cute one or funny one. Or even perhaps each emote is represented by a certain Kirana. One main mascot would be awesome though >_<.

I'd love to do design contests lol. Being an artist, it's right down my alley.

• I never really done one for a game, it be fun to do. But if it was to create Kirana I'd fail for sure, I'm terribly bad at thinking of any kind of mythical type of creature. It would have to heavily be humanoid. That being said, I'd still like to see things created by the community put into Peria (not just the programming type of stuff).

• Here's a random possible feature: Gestures

Like, just think about it for a second. It's possible that making emotes is possible (also dances while were at it). I'd imagine it'd be something like Source Film Maker, but it would be cool to have a category of emotes for conversational purposes (bonus points if linking custom emotes to key words to, by extension, certain voice lines [See my earlier post] to have a gesture and voice line play at the same time) and a category for dances that you could "teach" to other people. Even more complicated would be parter and group dances, waltzing for example.

• Woah, that sounds awesome! I didn't even think about voice acting... That'd be great! Customization to even that point sounds super interesting~ Everybody's so creative, I'm mega-looking forward to what everyone comes up with in the actual game, too!

As for dying clothes, I hope that's possible, too. It seems really likely that it'll be implemented in some way or the other since clothing (plus mix and matching of pieces of it) was color select-able during the preview videos of character customization. I'm still really excited about the entire aesthetic of not just Peria as a whole, but the clothing designs, too!! ヽ( •̀ ω •́ )ゝ✧

If they don't implement it themselves you can most likely record your voice and then swap the file for your own. It just won't be heard on another player's computer.

I am now curious about the mascot, most likely some type of Kirana. It'll probably be a very cute one or funny one. Or even perhaps each emote is represented by a certain Kirana. One main mascot would be awesome though >_<.

Wouldn't the mascot be the blonde girl in my photo? She's in basically every photo or piece of art they've posted... (Not considering the load screens and Kirana)

If it had to be a Kirana it would be this Kirana, reason being? He's been in videos dating back from Project NT. Of course his model has changed drastically.

img_29.jpg

I know some games do contest where you design something and if you're the winner they patch it in officially and either pay you or, all profits go to you same thing basically just the latter will make you more money down the line.

Here's a random possible feature: Gestures

Like, just think about it for a second. It's possible that making emotes is possible (also dances while were at it). I'd imagine it'd be something like Source Film Maker, but it would be cool to have a category of emotes for conversational purposes (bonus points if linking custom emotes to key words to, by extension, certain voice lines [See my earlier post] to have a gesture and voice line play at the same time) and a category for dances that you could "teach" to other people. Even more complicated would be parter and group dances, waltzing for example.

Now this is creative! I know we'll be able to make animations and such but if we can link them to words so they automatically proc that would be amazing. It would make Peria all that much better and lively