Soul Worker Online

• Just found out that Soul Worker Online is getting an NA/EU release by the end of the year.

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's an anime action RPG with super cute graphics xD.

P.S. I really hoped the Peria combat would have been something more like this other than the CCG stun they're pulling off but there's no helping it now I guess ;-;.

What do you guys think about SWO?

• Who knows, maybe they made perias combat more dynamic in this time. We'll only know once they show us/Play

Soulworker has good graphics but the gameplay looks pretty stale

• but the gameplay looks pretty stale

This is true, I played soul worker for a while on the Japanese server. Graphics are nice but gameplay gets extremely repetitive. It would cool if the Peria community made a guild when soul worker releases though.

The only thing I don't like about games like that is having pre-made characters.

There is a little bit of customization at the beginning like hair style and eye colour. But if you wanna change the hair colour properly you are gonna have to pay in the cash shop. There are some different clothing but again there is more in the cash shop. So if you want a more personalized character expect to pay a little.

• I am hyped for that game as well, not as much as peria but I would definitely wanna try it out. The only thing I don't like about games like that is having pre-made characters.

Well nothing can really compare with Peria xD.

Who knows, maybe they made perias combat more dynamic in this time. We'll only know once they show us/Play

Soulworker has good graphics but the gameplay looks pretty stale

The combat looks pretty standard in comparison to other hack n' slash games so I don't really have any complaints there. Maybe it'll get boring? Who knows, gonna try giving a whirl anyway.

• After playing it.. It's ok, I like it but I wish there was some more characters to choose from. Also I'm more into open world games and all, so it is fun when I wanna just beat some endless bad guys but otherwise it can get dull fast.

Hmm I see I never really minded battling for endless bad guys as long as they rise up to the challenge sooner or later. But yea most of the game is spent in a dungeon so I can definitely see why.

• It's a pretty fun hack and slash game that I've just been enjoying a lot nowadays, though yeah you need to be in the mood to just smack and kill a lot of bad guys. I made a guild in it if anyone wants to join, it's called Lionheart! I wouldn't say it's too challenging but definitely rewards those that dodge a lot and are patient when it comes to it's hardest difficulty Manic, it will destroy you if you're not careful. Brb, spamming Manic to get drops I'll never get because I suck at this game and it's RNG game...

• It's super fun with other people, alone maybe it gets too repetitive and boring. The big appeal for me is the animu graphics which i like a lot, customization is very limited though, and a hairstyle costs 25€, which is too expensive. Combat is fun and i enjoy the bosses because it's actually hard if you play on maniac. You have to dodge a lot and don't get to attack a whole lot. But when you finally kill the boss you get that sweet loot which is rewarding for me atleast.
    I'm named Yuzuuu in game if anyone wants to add me!

• I also played a bit on the Japanese servers with a couple of friends and enjoyed it for a while. When I heard about the NA release, I got really excited to start playing again without having to run a VPN and keep up with the English patch, etc., but I didn't stick with it much at all.

I love the look of it, and I wasn't even too bothered by the premade characters (though I prefer chara creation). But the stage mechanic starts to feel sort of claustrophobic to me. I really like the world, so it's kind of upsetting that you can't explore much for all the grinding that comes with it.

I'll probably still play from time to time though. Taobao is my main.