encyclopedia

• seeing as there will be a lot of different kirana in the game world, i would assume that some kind of listing will show up in one way or another.

something comparable to a pokédex where all kirana are listed with some information about them.

however

i don't think a handheld device would fit peria so in stead of that, a library or encyclopedia format would maybe be more interesting. although this would mean that you can't just pull something out of your pockets and look it up but instead a central location where all information can be accessed by everyone.

if we really want it to be portable, maybe a utillity kirana that can remotely access the records would be a solution but i'd personally prefer the library format.

as a side note to this:

i would also find it very interesting if the library content could be player generated as well. (obviously there would have to be someone on the dev or publishing side to review it before it gets officially added)

so this could open up a whole new activity that people could be doing in the game. and having some players studying kirana behaviour could be fun to watch as well.

what do you think?
    would you prefer a portable listing or maybe no listing?
    do you think all this should be player driven as well or is this something to be left up to the devs?

tell me your thoughts on the matter
    i'm curious what you all think

• I forgot to say earlier in the discord but wouldn't it be possible to incorporate that into the app their making? That way you can track what you've seen on the go and also feed your Kirana or just simply read up on lore and Kirana.

You can always pull out a book to read though (same goes with an encyclopedia) or some menu that your Kirana sends as a hologram or something idk, kinda like this: sign-upmaxresdefault.jpg

While i'd love to be able to add content officially (Think warframe wiki) its doubtful since anyone can ruin it :/ Though I doubt the community will ever turn out like that.

• I think it'd be wonderfully interesting and amazing if it were an in-game library or archive of some sort, regardless of how it's accessed~ The idea of people's ideas coming together with the collection of information's really interesting!

I wonder, if not an app then it's likely there would at least be a fan-wiki if there are no listings of some sort, no? 6(´・ω・`)

• I think it'd be wonderfully interesting and amazing if it were an in-game library or archive of some sort, regardless of how it's accessed~ The idea of people's ideas coming together with the collection of information's really interesting!

I wonder, if not an app then it's likely there would at least be a fan-wiki if there are no listings of some sort, no? 6(´・ω・`)

yeah I like the idea of both, but I lean more towards the app because if i'm on the go I can read up before and then apply whatever i've learned ingame. But an archive or library of some sort is a must, how am I supposed to know where to catch every Kirana? A general area indicator would be nice and with perias ever expanding and changing map that's almost a must.

Everyone will probably end up going on the online wiki page so building your own in-game version might be more for novelty than practicality.

Yeah, online Wiki is always good, it gives you whatever you need (Strategies, locations, counters etc) Id still build my own in game one though, just so I don't have to alt tab constantly.

• well, here's a proposal if it's not dev implemented:
    who wants to build a sanctuary with me

it will be focused around a giant library

The issue with building in groups is that you have to have a blueprint of sorts else everyone will just be building willy nilly based on what they think it should look like. It might just be better to have people support you through resources unless the project is just that big you can't build it alone.

• don't worry, i do have a plan for it but i'm waiting for more confirmed info on the possibillities to finetune the details.

and Mecha Tac it did come to mind but wan shi tong wasn't really my inspiration

Sounds good!

The issue with building in groups is that you have to have a blueprint of sorts else everyone will just be building willy nilly based on what they think it should look like. It might just be better to have people support you through resources unless the project is just that big you can't build it alone.

This is my main worry with building in general lol, and since I can see most projects being big I can see most just being copies of what's already out there (SAO aincrad for ex)

• I wonder if people can make titles for people in parties, then we could all have a title of what we are doing when building. Also would be neat to have custom type of music to play when entering your created building.

--

But back to the main focus of this.. I think that having this sanctuary is creative and most fitting to what Peria is.

A wiki is good but it would be nice for everything you need in game, to be in game, rather than have to pull up a web-browser to get some information every time.

• i refuse to make copies, there are already more than enough people recreating stuff
    if any of my creations end up looking like something else, that's pure coincidence

When in doubt, i always put a small disclaimer just saying that. If people still complain you can then always point to the unchanged disclaimer. After all creativity inspires so many things!

• I wonder if people can make titles for people in parties, then we could all have a title of what we are doing when building. Also would be neat to have custom type of music to play when entering your created building.

--

But back to the main focus of this.. I think that having this sanctuary is creative and most fitting to what Peria is.

A wiki is good but it would be nice for everything you need in game, to be in game, rather than have to pull up a web-browser to get some information every time.

Custom titles would be really useful, or at least giving people a group role. Like discord for example, what about mixing original peria tracks to something of your own? I think thatd be cool too.

Going back to custom music though I think they'll restrict what players can import obviously due to nudity etc and other laws. But being able to choose what official OST you'd like to play there would be a nice alternative.

Ill help with the sanctuary, depending on what you need. I could also just simply be a resource farmer but ya you get the idea right?

I like to think of wikis as a really detailed and easy to access library. Whereas ingame descriptions and such are more vague and easy to read while not spoiling too much. (For those who aren't at that area/level yet)