World Domination

• Peria: Hey guys, we're finally making a sandbox game with a permission system where practically everything can be controlled by players.

Fans: Wooo, let's take this incredible system and play minecraft with it.

Really guys? ;-;

Honestly now, I'm sure most of us at some point in our lives have thought to ourselves "hmm... wouldn't it be nice if I just took over everything b/c why the hell not?"

With Peria we might finally be able to do just that (or at least control a large portion of the world) given that the world is self-wrapping.

You can run forever, but circular. It's like a small planet. But if it's too short, it will be weird, so we will have some distance that will be longer than your vision that can be wrapped, and you will see the world being repeated.

From third-person POV, zones will be sphere, but players will see flat, like screen scrolling. This is under development.

So, unless everyone receives their own "planet", this essentially means there'll only a finite amount of land ergo world domination = possible.

How realistic is this? Probably not very but we'll try anyway (or at least kid ourselves until we learn more about the permission system).

I've always wanted to play the role of the big bad villain. Anyone interested in joining me?

• Honestly this will probably result in people renting land to other players, but I think they will probably make a system so that players cant just grab all the land, although I am worried about people building giant walls outside of cities to keep players in

• Honestly this will probably result in people renting land to other players, but I think they will probably make a system so that players cant just grab all the land, although I am worried about people building giant walls outside of cities to keep players in

Yeah I suspected as much when I said "How realistic is this? Probably not very" which is also why I tagged this under "fluff".

Still it'll be interesting to see how much a single player or a group of players can influence this game xD.

• I don't think there would be too big a problem with players creating things to stop other players. I think there was an article about how players could vote out certain creations. Like if someone created a giant wall, some people could vote it out (maybe it be considered reporting it?) then it would be gone.