In-game shop (pay 2 play)

• because this is a f2p game then that means that they most likly will add a reall money shop. i can imagine that there will be cosmetics (clothes and such) maybe even skins for kirana. but what more could the shop have in store. and will there be a player shop where players could trade kirana or other things, will you be able to sell items from the real money shop in the player shop. all things that should be thought through. i hope they will follow the ''rules to make a good f2p'' if you don't know them then here is a video explaining it all:

:saint:

• I also haven't heard anything concrete. I have a love/hate relationship with nexon so I'll try not to be biased. It's likely going to be F2P as all(?) nexon games with a cash shop. I'm hoping they strike a good balance: Cosmetics/RNG boxes are a given I'd say, as that is a large percentage of income in most their games.From there I hope they take it slowly there's some p2w potential but hopefully it will stay cosmetic

• I'm not the biggest expert on Nexon games, how is their reputation so far? Would people that played their games extensively say their games are a huge cash grab or do they keep it "fair"? :)

• I'm not the biggest expert on Nexon games, how is their reputation so far? Would people that played their games extensively say their games are a huge cash grab or do they keep it "fair"? :)

As far I know, they have a large cash shop in all of their games. I'm not sure about P2W things, but they do have a lot of cosmetic items.

I've played Maplestory and Mabinogi for years, and also played some other Nexon games like Ghost in the Shell Online or Riders of Icarus (not for long though). From what I've seen, Maplestory and Mabinogi started out strong and remained relatively non-p2w for a long time(years) with mostly cosmetic items and convenience items in the cash shop until they implemented extremely p2w items in the games (reforges for Mabinogi and potential/starforce in Maplestory) along with more and more cosmetic items in the cash shops.

So yea, disregarding the possible ways of making a sandbox like Peria pay-to-win and considering Nexon's history especially with their big releases - MS and Mabi, I'd say Peria would be fair for at least a while, and you should make the most out of it.

• I've played Maplestory and Mabinogi for years, and also played some other Nexon games like Ghost in the Shell Online or Riders of Icarus (not for long though). From what I've seen, Maplestory and Mabinogi started out strong and remained relatively non-p2w for a long time(years) with mostly cosmetic items and convenience items in the cash shop until they implemented extremely p2w items in the games (reforges for Mabinogi and potential/starforce in Maplestory) along with more and more cosmetic items in the cash shops.

So yea, disregarding the possible ways of making a sandbox like Peria pay-to-win and considering Nexon's history especially with their big releases - MS and Mabi, I'd say Peria would be fair for at least a while, and you should make the most out of it.

I couldn't agree with you more, it's been many years since Nexon have done a subscription based game, I recall Mabinogi being that in the early days which put a lot of people off. Hence I highly doubt Peria will follow that path.

Nexon are all about those micro-transactions for cosmetics and vip/premium services for convenience or pay2advance for the impatient and not so much pay2win (granted they did do that with reforge tool kits).

In my personal experience subscription based games in most cases actually work out cheaper when compared to micro-transactions. Yes, it's your choice to spend money in a micro-transaction environment and it's as expensive as you make it but who doesn't want the latest bling, limited edition warez, mount or what have you.

• In my personal experience subscription based games in most cases actually work out cheaper when compared to micro-transactions. Yes, it's your choice to spend money in a micro-transaction environment and it's as expensive as you make it but who doesn't want the latest bling, limited edition warez, mount or what have you.

These subscription-based games you speak of also have cash shops and people still spend money on getting the cosmetic stuff regardless if they pay monthly for access to the game or not.

In fact iirc, Square Enix has decided to put jump potions in the mog-station for FFXIV after the release of the new Stormblood expansion, these will let you "jump" a class/job from level 1 to 50 without doing anything else. They might only open this to players who already have a job at level 60 though.

Point being, they are not necessarily cheaper than F2P titles, the only thing subs do is prevent excess amounts of bots and spammers flooding in. And it also ensures heaps of quality updates full of content.

i haven't heard anything about a payment model yet so it could still turn out B2P or P2P instead of F2P

You are correct about this. And it has been known that sometimes publishers decide to make something that was originally F2P in another region B2P/P2P in the west. Black Desert Online is a good example.

Personally I feel it is way too soon to assume that just because it's Nexon it will turn out F2P, might actually be better to wait until we have more concrete sources.

• Totally agree, game development need money to keep the server up and improve the game for our enjoyment like, nothing in this world free unless you make up yourself, but something they need from others witch cost money, Like if you want a game pay little amount to it to keep it alive and enjoyable for many years but I do notice mostly kids or teen that mainly get caught out by term free to play game more than anyone over 25, like I think should making more clear for them but anyone over 25 should get fact first before playing. Read fine detail and should know there always a prize tag if detail big game like MMO or anything.

(like total off point but kinda pop in head)

Unless like some rip of big game like some mobile game app seem to do. Witch I think shouldn't be allow to sale items I notice copy idea from big game and style to make money for a game you can make for free and cheap. Like I seen my little get free to play slender called Slender show down or slender home app game i think was a while back but it not slender nothing do with slender or no reason pay item in game as there nothing to shoot total scam off.

Like total agree we should payment in any game to show surport and help build game up to better game for our enjoyment but some game like game brother got I think take pizz just saying to rip you for money. I think all game need approval before to let on app store or online or shit. sorry to go that deep but kinda felt the need to point out. Like maybe this my woman mother or big sister making me wanted to point this out or fact I like to say in case there kid or teen on this site that may or may not get term or reason why.

• It appears that much has changed in FFIX since I last played it, back then I think there were only two mounts that were purchasable in the shop.

Back then even with the subscription it still was working out to be far cheaper to play FF than what I was spending on Mabinogi.

Before Nexon changed their rebirthing/leveling system to a free model, your average player would be spending around $10.00 a week just on rebirthing cards, $15.00 a month on a premium service for inventory space among other things. If you had a rare ego weapon that you needed to repair add on another $5.00 a month on repair kits. If a new mount came out which they often did every two or so months that was an additional $15.00-$20.00. In most cases it was worth getting the new mount due to the op buffs/de buffs they would do to mobs or your party when summoned in battle.

So yeah, ff was setting me back around $15 or so a month, when compared to Mabinogi with a monthly spend of $60.00+

I do agree the subscription service is wonderful at keeping the bots and spammers to a bare minimum, One of the things I loved about FF was the lack of spam bots in merchant squares and not having to blacklist half the population.

• omg Mabinogi love that game but never deal with the prizes being over £10 but they banned in my area so I can't say anything about that was good enought game thou

Going by the use of the £ I think it's safe to assume you were an EU player. Nexon NA actually revoked the ip block on EU players 1 or 2 years ago after the Developer hosting the EU version released content prior to an eta and were in breach of their contract with devkat.

Hence all updates were suspended and the game took a downward spiral, came at a bad time too just when both the NA and EU versions were flooded with script kiddies abusing a modded client known as mabipake during the winter break.

But yeah you should be able to play on the North American servers, most EU players migrated after it shutdown. Gotta feel sorry for em though, all that money and time spent only to have to start again from scratch from no fault of their own.

• ya I have North American servers, but all my stuff gone and was told you can move EU account over but didn't end up waiting months then get e-mail saying transfer fail. try again and it like account no longer exist and I give up. like EU account nexon still on and active but it keep saying Mabinogi account no longer active. witch confusing

• Did you know "SkySaga"?

An in testing F2P online sandbox game.

It's very similar MineCraft Sky Island mod.

Player get resource in advanture world, and return to build their sky island.

Player also can buy resource by token.

Player can have multiple islands. Use coin or token to buy a new island.

Maybe Peria will set pay point like this?