In-game Patreon

• I'm sure many of us have ideas on what kinda things we want to create (there was a comment recently on building the SkyTree from Alfheim Online SAO) and given that we can program laws and whatnot, do you think it would be possible to build a kind of 'Patreon' so players can donate resources and in-game currency to the projects they support? Anyway, thoughts on the idea?

• i believe the devs already mentioned a resourse called "concept" though i'm not sure if it will get a different name or not.

the idea was that you need an amount of "concept" to make something and every player gets concept over time. if you want to make something that take for example 100 "concept" and you get 1 "concept" every hour of playtime, you could either invest 100 hours of your time into playing or you can ask other players to support what you're doing but these players can pull every support at any time they want to support something else or start making their own content.

so in a way, the devs already have something similar in mind but i haven't heard anything from them since the articles on the news page so i don't know what has become of it.

• i believe the devs already mentioned a resourse called "concept" though i'm not sure if it will get a different name or not.

the idea was that you need an amount of "concept" to make something and every player gets concept over time. if you want to make something that take for example 100 "concept" and you get 1 "concept" every hour of playtime, you could either invest 100 hours of your time into playing or you can ask other players to support what you're doing but these players can pull every support at any time they want to support something else or start making their own content.

so in a way, the devs already have something similar in mind but i haven't heard anything from them since the articles on the news page so i don't know what has become of it.

If I read the article correctly "concept" is used to create more abstract elements such as laws/rules and not the material design itself but as you mentioned it is a resource and the patreon idea is about advertising the projects to obtain resources so it's not the same (or similar) idea.

• my understanding was that the devs used "concept" in the article to explain the idea since they don't have anything concrete yet

so like with a lot of other parts of peria that we still don't know much about, it is kind of subject to interpretation so we could both be right or both be wrong as well. ;)

i don't know about actual advertising of projects but the idea of sharing resources is still there.