Appeal to the hardcore MMO playerbase?

• Do you guys feel like this game and the features we know of so far will appeal to the more hardcore crowd out there?

I myself am not so sure about the potential PVP will have in peria, of course it is still way too early to tell, from what I have seen however, your average PVP person will probably get bored really quickly since the combat, although very intuitive, does not have that particular pace most of them would look for. Perhaps the more strategic types will drool all over this.

PVE content could potentially attract a lot of hardcore raiders, since most of it will be based on player created content, the difficulty has nearly no limit. As a raid leader myself I am truly excited for this, because once you beat the endgame content in traditional theme-park MMORPG you usually end up waiting months for that special "my group wiped again???" fix. With this though, it has infinite possibilities and while you are busy trying to clear content, someone else could already be working on something much more difficult.

Discuss.

• lets break the hardcore crowd in groups to make this more manageable

which would be the sociolisers, the explorers, the completionists and the killers

the sociolisers will seek a place to talk and... sociolise. because the game will need a lot of teamwork for the building aspect that would mean that people will get together and to not get bored to death talk. so the sociolisers can go there which would make more epic builds and levels. and with this insane empesis on anime you will get a lot of cos-players and roll-players. honestly the only thing the sociolisers need is more of there own kind and then they will be happy.

i see explorers going for this game because of the infinite amount if content that will be created by the players. these people will also make wiki's and such so very good maps will be promoted by those people. If the devs want they could also make ultra rare kirana which would be a dream for any explorer to find first. but even without it they should be happy enough with the infinite player content... if you don't believe it then go look at the community from skysaga which is at the moment overflowing with explorers.

this game will be the place for complesionists. people will want to get collect all the kirana and have the best scores for all the player made levels so there will always be something to ''compleet''. even beter because the completionists and explorers compliment eachother very well. to get to more exclusive places the explorer needs higher lvl players that will mostlikely be the completionists and they want the best armor options and stat builds and stuff that the explorers will provide.

PvP is to fage at the moment so we cant say a lot about it but a open world kill system would atrack a lot of killers but a arena style pvp should be oke as the rewards are good. i don't think this game will have a lot of killers but that isn't important really

3 out of 4 is still a good score so i think a lot of hardcore players will have their enjoyment out of this game

:saint:

• since the idea of peria is that most of the content is player generated, i think it can offer something for every type of player regardless of their preference or skill level.

if there are player who want more content that is harder than what the devs put in, there will be creators who will make that stuff
    if there are players who want almost no challenge, there will be creators catering to that audience as well

• It's a good question and a tricky one to answer with what little is known about the game thus far. I guess it boils down to how much in game Developer content is at launch. The hardcore players usually eat up and beat this content quicker than what the Dev's can put out and reach end game pretty quickly.

Hopefully they will run an assortment of events, raid bosses among other things to keep you going and rng contnent and hunting usually drags the length of a game out. But with player created content and what they actually let you build for others to do and what rewards you have on offer make the possibilities endless.

In my personal opinion as much content keeps a player playing and is fundamentally important, I find that the community, mutual friends keep someone sticking around far longer. It's typical in most mmo's that most people are helpful and when bored offer up their time, knowledge and experience to aid a guild member, friend or even a random stranger.

I have killed countless hours on mmo's helping new players, returning the favor people did for me when I was a noobie and found it more rewarding than any rare item I obtained in game. ;3

• For peria developers.

One of the biggest questions is how to create a developing path that will lead the player from "newbie" to "content creator".

And give "content creators" enough new things and inspiration to inspire their passion for creation.

And how to build a sustainable develop & continue to produce new things player community.

-These new things shouldn't be confined to the game system.

• definitely has the potential to attract hardcore players, but maybe not for those reasons alone... If combat from what we've seen, is slow paced and clunky then that'll be really boring to play and try to get competitive with. Now there's also the possibility of getting competitive in the player creation world, better rated dungeons=more completions/money and the more fame you have the better right?

I'd like to believe that PVE content will never be exhausted seeing as there'll always be something fresh waiting to be used/played. I hope raids are open world or with big amounts of people

• In my personal opinion as much content keeps a player playing and is fundamentally important, I find that the community, mutual friends keep someone sticking around far longer. It's typical in most mmo's that most people are helpful and when bored offer up their time, knowledge and experience to aid a guild member, friend or even a random stranger.

I have killed countless hours on mmo's helping new players, returning the favor people did for me when I was a noobie and found it more rewarding than any rare item I obtained in game. ;3

Thats a good mentality! Hopefully others who play Peria will be similar (helping wise I mean)